How to report a wildlife crime

The law on wildlife and wild places is very complex and operates at National and European levels. Some of this legislation it is provided below, but this is only a broad summary and may be incomplete in places.

You should get qualified legal advice if you are seeking to avoid prosecution or intending to bring a prosecution.

If you suspect a wildlife crime has been committed in Sussex phone 101, the Non-Emergency Police Phone Number, and ask to speak to your local Wildlife Crime Officer.

Find out more about...

Great Crested Newt
Great Crested Newts are protected under Euopean Law / Barry Kemp